This month, the PTAs of the two Malibu elementary schools are launching our fundraising efforts for the 2021-22 school year. These efforts include outreach to our neighborhood business owners as the we strive to develop long-term, mutually supportive relationships with the businesses in our community. We recognize this year has been difficult for both our elementary school families, as well as local business owners, and we appreciate your consideration in supporting our schools.
The elementary school PTAs provide students with programs and additional staff above and beyond what the district provides. The funding for these programs is raised by the PTAs through parent donations, community sponsorships, and fundraising events hosted throughout the year. Our classroom aides, arts program, and technology and STEAM curriculums are fully funded by the PTAs.
SMMUSD provides 0% of the funding for these programs.
We cannot continue to provide these programs without support from our community.
The PTAs must raise $462,000 by May 30, 2021 to continue to provide these programs and additional staff to our students for the 2021-22 year.
We’re offering businesses a variety of ways to support Malibu’s elementary students as they return to in-person school in exchange for promoting participating businesses to our 300+ families. Our list of partnership opportunities is outlined below, and additional information is available upon request.
Karin Al-Hardan (Webster) and Melissa Solano (Malibu Elementary)
Co-Chairs for Malibu Elementary Schools Business Partnerships
1. Become A Sponsor: Levels range from $500 - $10,000+ and include combinations of the following:
2. Locals Discount Card: Offering 10% off local business’ goods & services. Cards are sold for $20 to raise funds for our schools.
3. Host A Fundraising Event: Donate 20% of proceeds to our schools
4. Item Donation: Gift Certificate, Service or Merchandise
5. Custom Promotion: Contact us to design a custom promotions package!